Last updated: 25th May 2018
Your privacy is important to Concrete. This policy (together with our terms of service) covers how we use and store personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting and/or using ConcretePlatforms applications ("Platform") you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Concrete Media Limited of Harella House, 90-98 Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7DF, United Kingdom.
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person, such as such as your name, email address or billing information, or any other data which can identify an individual.
What personal information we collect
Concrete may collect the information you provide to us (such as a name, mailing address, email address or phone number) when you register to use the Platform or which may be provided to us by a Customer (a company which has signed a ‘Subscription Agreement’ with Concrete to use a portal within the Platform) in order for that Customer to allocate you a user name and password to access the Platform as an authorised user.
We may also collect the following information:
• other information that you provide to us on the Platform, for example if you post material or request further services.
• information you provide if you report a problem with the Platform or contact us for any other reason.
• details of your visits to the Platform including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and details of the resources that you access.
• technical information including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
• we may also receive information about you from your employer organisation or the Customer.
How we use your personal information
We use information held about you to:
• administer the Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• improve the Platform and ensure that content from the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail or telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email us at email@example.com;
• send you important notices, such as communications about the Platform. Because this information is important to your interaction with
Concrete, you may not opt out of receiving these communications;
• send you email notifications from us which you have specifically requested; and
• deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Platform.
We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
Cookies and Other Technologies
We may share your personal information with any members of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and we may share your information with selected third parties including:
• suppliers and services providers;
• professional advisers and consultants;
• financial organisations;
• credit reference agencies and debt collection and tracing agencies; and
• central government.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
• if Concrete or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Concrete, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Security of your personal information
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take such steps as we consider reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure, password- and firewall-protected servers. All electronic transactions you make over this Platform will be encrypted using TLS technology. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to help prevent unauthorised access.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the Platform).
When you use the Platform, the personal information you share on the Customer Portal (as defined in our terms of service) is visible to other users of the Customer Portal and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address on the Customer Portal, that information is public for other users of the Customer Portal. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account on the Platform.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of USD 10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Third-Party Sites and Services
The Platform may contain links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Concrete employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.